April 25, 2014 § 2 Comments
Yes, as I am sure you will agree, I think it is high time that I am back! My Mom has been muy busy with her design business, pero I think I must now put my delicate paw down and demand some attention, for the sake of my devoted fans, that is. I’d be too demure and humble to insist just for myself 😉
Where to begin?! It has been a long time, so rather than overwhelm you with my cuentos of woe, let me just say I am now living with three (Dios mio, yes 3!!) cato brothers: El viejo Tigger, my returned instrument of torture, Fernando, and the new fiend extraordinaire, Francisco. As you can imagine, nobody asked the Chica. And I am somewhat convinced that my Mom has finally lost her last marble. But what can a little Chica like me do? … Familia therapy, mijitos!
So as part of my, er I mean, our therapy, I am making Madre keep up with this blog again. It is the least she can do to make up for the insulto (… tres gatos …estara loca esta mujer … que @!&^#$*!) Wait, no, back to my happy place, back to my happy place – AyyyyyyOmmmmm!
Bueno, that is all for now. More to come later after my pedicure (another atonement effort)! Hola and adios, amigos!
August 23, 2011 § 3 Comments
Psst, pssst … I need your help, amigos. My Mama is not muy happy at all these days. I know, I know. How can that be when she’s got me, the sunshine of her world, the joy of her life, the spring in her step?!? But I must admit, even my tail is hanging low these days too with the kids now both gone off to college. And yes, I know I threatened to enroll and go to college too. But that was WAAAAAAY too demanding on my sleep schedule and too much work for this princess. Ay, Caramba! And besides, someone needed to stay home with Mama.
So I am cooking up a leeeetle plot … err, I mean project, to cheer us all up. You see, a little while back, some nice folks representing Cesar Canine Cuisine, reached out and sent us a care package to get my esteemed opinion on some of the products. And I must say, the Cesar Softies Medley treats get a big thumbs up from me!!! But that is another story I will soon get into.
Anyhow, my chicos, the Cesar’s folks were kind enough to provide some extra treats for me to share with my amigos. So I’d like to kick up a little fun and organize a little photo contest!!! Send me your cool, funny, adorable, once-in-a-lifetime “what I did this summer” pictures to enter! Include a little description of yourself with your name, hometown and a few words about your “special moment on camera,” and that will do the trick. Of course, I’ll need an email address(don’t worry I won’t share it with anyone) so I can contact you if you win. You can email me the pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org or post them on my Facebook wall. You must agree (in writing) to my posting the pictures on Facebook and on my ChihuahuaWisdom.com blog to participate, but you retain the rights to your photos.
A panel of experts – Mama, Tigger and Moi – will select the top 10 photos (I know it will be hard to pick!!) and put them up for votes from all our friends on my Facebook page. You can invite your friends to vote too. Just have them send a request. I like to make new friends.
The top 3 vote-getters will receive prizes, courtesy of Cesar Canine Cuisine. No purchase required; you can enter as many times as you’d like; and all that. We are not picky, nor are we the experts at much of any of this. Unfortunately, however, I must restrict this to U.S. entries. I have no clue how to handle the international mail and restrictions. I’m just a leeeetle chica. But we do want to see lots of fun pictures to cheer us up! We need some party spirit at Casa Chanel!!
So get busy, and send us your entries by September 30. We’ll put the pictures up on October 1st for votes and we will allow 2 weeks for votes. So by Oct. 15th you too could be chowing on some yummy treats!
Tell your friends! The more the merrier!! Ciao, for now, Chicos, and let the cuteness fiesta BEGIN!
July 16, 2011 § 7 Comments
Thanks, NannyMcFur, for thinking of me! You made me smile (mucho tail wags!!) “Viva la Chica,” if I do say so myself.
Now according to the tradition of this award, I’m supposed to tell you 7 things about myself and my family. What? Only seven? 😉
So here goes:
1. My familia is very convoluted – both on the human and 4-legged side. My Mama’s sister started it all when she got Mami and Papi. A short gestational period later, and I and my 4 siblings came along 🙂 One of my sisters stayed with my parents, and I came to live here in St. Pete with my human family. Then came litter #2, and one of my sisters from that batch, went to live with my Mama’s Mama. Confused? Well, so am I most of the time.
2. Oh, yeah, I have three more adoptive siblings: Señor Cato, aka Tigger -He is veeeeeeery tricky and sneaky! But he eeeeez no match for me, La Super Chica!! And Panchita and Noel, they have glommed on despite the craziness of this familia.
3. And speaking of La Super Chica, that is my alter ego (but shhhhh … don’t tell just anyone. I must keep my identity a secret from the evil masterminds, minions and squirrels.) Look for more adventures in the near future! J.K. Rowling, give me a buzz 😉
4. My favorite snack is Cheerios. Though rice (and black beans, cha, cha, cha) and carrots are close runner-ups. Mom and I have a morning ritual – she flicks me Cheerios and I run all over the place “fetching” them – YUM!! What’s your favorite snack?
5. My favorite toy is the Blue Blurrrrr. I love to dig him up when Mom is sitting on the floor folding laundry. We have fun playing tug-a-war-and-fetch, though it does NOT help with the stacks of laundry.
But enough shameless self-promotion. If you are here, you know I’m a diva and I’m quite proud of it. So now I must give a paws up to some of my favorite pet blogs:
- Starting with the NannyMcFur 😉
- Obsessive Chihuahua Disorder
- Famous Chihuahua
- Life with Dogs
- Dog Tipper
- Tucker Tells All
- Being Henri
- The World according to Lexi
- According to Gus
OK and one more because this is MY blog and I can 😉
- Paka Cat, because you do good work!!
Happy blogging, Amigos!!
Whoops! I should have been clearer. And I will message all my Chicos on the list to clarify: By “Paws Up” I mean I’m passing on and awarding THEM the Versatile Blogger Award! Congratulations, Amigos!!
June 15, 2011 § 5 Comments
Though it may not always seem that way from some of my tales, I really do love my big brother, Tigger, aka El Cato. And apparently he loves me too. Heh, heh, heh, and now, he can no longer deny it. Mama stayed home with a bit of a cold and caught him giving me kisses. Here are some snapshots (evidence) of the tender moments to prove it.
You see, usually when the humans are away at work, we like to let down our guard and enjoy lounging carelessly in the warm sunny spot next to the sliding glass doors. Gone are the age-old sibling rivalries. Forgotten are the infamous animosities of “cats and dogs.” And that eternal struggle for the Alpha position of our pack? Well at least during nap time that’s on pause too.
Oh, Kitty Cato, you who like to give the impression of being aloof, inscrutable, fickle and wildly unpredictable. I know you have a reputation to maintain, but well chico, the jig is UP! Now the world will know that deep down inside you are a sweet lover boy. But no matter, that does not lessen my admiration of you, big brother. Deep inside, La Chica loves you too.
Have you hugged your cato today ;o-) ? Spread the love. It just feels good.