August 23, 2011 § 3 Comments
Psst, pssst … I need your help, amigos. My Mama is not muy happy at all these days. I know, I know. How can that be when she’s got me, the sunshine of her world, the joy of her life, the spring in her step?!? But I must admit, even my tail is hanging low these days too with the kids now both gone off to college. And yes, I know I threatened to enroll and go to college too. But that was WAAAAAAY too demanding on my sleep schedule and too much work for this princess. Ay, Caramba! And besides, someone needed to stay home with Mama.
So I am cooking up a leeeetle plot … err, I mean project, to cheer us all up. You see, a little while back, some nice folks representing Cesar Canine Cuisine, reached out and sent us a care package to get my esteemed opinion on some of the products. And I must say, the Cesar Softies Medley treats get a big thumbs up from me!!! But that is another story I will soon get into.
Anyhow, my chicos, the Cesar’s folks were kind enough to provide some extra treats for me to share with my amigos. So I’d like to kick up a little fun and organize a little photo contest!!! Send me your cool, funny, adorable, once-in-a-lifetime “what I did this summer” pictures to enter! Include a little description of yourself with your name, hometown and a few words about your “special moment on camera,” and that will do the trick. Of course, I’ll need an email address(don’t worry I won’t share it with anyone) so I can contact you if you win. You can email me the pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org or post them on my Facebook wall. You must agree (in writing) to my posting the pictures on Facebook and on my ChihuahuaWisdom.com blog to participate, but you retain the rights to your photos.
A panel of experts – Mama, Tigger and Moi – will select the top 10 photos (I know it will be hard to pick!!) and put them up for votes from all our friends on my Facebook page. You can invite your friends to vote too. Just have them send a request. I like to make new friends.
The top 3 vote-getters will receive prizes, courtesy of Cesar Canine Cuisine. No purchase required; you can enter as many times as you’d like; and all that. We are not picky, nor are we the experts at much of any of this. Unfortunately, however, I must restrict this to U.S. entries. I have no clue how to handle the international mail and restrictions. I’m just a leeeetle chica. But we do want to see lots of fun pictures to cheer us up! We need some party spirit at Casa Chanel!!
So get busy, and send us your entries by September 30. We’ll put the pictures up on October 1st for votes and we will allow 2 weeks for votes. So by Oct. 15th you too could be chowing on some yummy treats!
Tell your friends! The more the merrier!! Ciao, for now, Chicos, and let the cuteness fiesta BEGIN!
July 30, 2011 § 5 Comments
Sigh … I guess there is no way around it. We’ll soon be left behind as both of the kids go off to college. I tried to take one of those GED thingys which I found out on the internet might get you into this “college” place. But I had no idea what an isosceles triangle was. And who the heck is this Señor Shakespeare? What is up with that?! But did they ask me about Cosmo? The latest in Haute couture? Did they ask where Harry Potter found the last horcruxes? Nooooo.
And now that both our kids are off to college this fall, people say my human parents will be entering the “Mah and Pah” phase of their lives. Well, let me tell you, chicos, no one here is ready to drift quietly into the autumn of anything – not with a lively Chica like me in tha house.
I guess we’ll have to accept it – it will be different. I must admit that I’ve already started to notice some changes in our routines around the casa. But I am determined to make the best of it. Hey, at least for me there will be plusses to being the center of attention. I think we’re going to be seeing a lot more of:
- “TV dinners” – of course at our house that would be anything but Swansons. Mama and I are waaaaay too finicky and high maintenance for that. For us it will be the literally more dinners on the couch while watching TV – which of course means crumbs and tender tidbits aplenty for la Chica. It will be a whole new adventure in cuisine procurement 🙂 I should write a book, don’t you think?
- No more car pools, ballet classes or band practices = more time and the need to fill that void with activity. Can you say Chihuahua massage therapy? Painting Chihuahua portraits? Gardening? Oooo, I’m going to love digging up the yummy carrots!!!!
- There has already been a later-in-life fitness reality check. Mama and Dad are on the war path to health. Which works out to include more walks for the Chica, and therefore more yummy treats right after. I like, I like!!
- Date nights, we’ll have to work out the acceptable terms there. I DO NOT believe that three is a crowd. ‘Nough said.
- More interesting friends will likely be visiting. More Ooooos and Ahhhhhs at the cute, adorable Chica.
- I suppose there will also be more recliner time and well-worn slippers = more lap and belly-scratchin’ time.
God knows I’ll miss the kids, but looking at it like this one thing is for sure. Come fall, I’ll be Mama and Daddy’s little princess full-time!
May 7, 2011 § Leave a comment
It will be hard to compete for Mama’s love with our girl who is coming home from college today. Just in time for Mother’s day 🙂 But really, I am just as happy that I’ll have both of my girls now for the whole summer. My tail is going to wag right off from my butt.
So to all the Mamas on this special weekend, I send you all my love!
And Happy Saturday Pet Blog Hop!!