June 16, 2012 § 3 Comments
Sneaks me tidbits when he is carving that yummilicious rotisserie chicken.
Lifts me up onto the couch (and eventually his lap) when I give him that pitiful look and no one is watching.
Puts up with me walking all over the bed (and him) in the middle of the night looking for a warm and cozy spot to snuggle into.
I tried to find the perfect gift for the perfect Daddy. I dragged Mama out, far and wide. You know how picky I can be. But alas, nothing seemed to capture just how I feel about you. Nothing would do.
So I enlisted Mama’s help to make you something truly ESPECIAL for you. I picked your (OK one of my favorite) colors. I packed a lot of love into every stitch and bedazzle. Mucho bling for my Papi!
I hope you like it. Now you can be a real knight in “shinning” armor for all to see. And I hope you know how much I love you.
Your little Chica
February 11, 2012 § 1 Comment
Love is in the air! Everything is rosy. And my mug is on a Valentine’s day greeting you can share with your friends on Facebook or Pinterest. If you haven’t seen it on my Facebook page, (ahem … Hint, hint, I am a very friendly Chica. You should look me up!) check it out:
These are easy to share. Just click on the link or Valentine image you like, and a greeting will pop up that you can share on your Facebook timeline or to a friend’s wall. Heh, heh, heh, it’s guaranteed hours of fun for girls and boys of all ages ;0-)
So arriba, arriba, and keeeeess, keeeess, chicos!
December 31, 2011 § 1 Comment
Happy New Year, my dear amigos. It has been a great year of change at Casa Chanel: Kids are both off to college; Empty nest adjustments with cleaning out, furniture rearrangements and simplifying things for us all; Mama and her partner, Aunt Tracey, started a new company that is sure to skyrocket in the coming year and impact lots of kids; Dad got new glasses with progressive-lenses so we are all staying out from underfoot (his foot!) at least; and we got some gizmo called a “blueray” (does that go well with tortillas?) that gets “wifi” (that sounds like it tickles) so the peeps are enjoying more movies at home and quality time together (with extra lap time for la Chica. Viva el blueray!)
Here’s hoping 2012 is a year full of hope, love and happiness for all of you. And to get us started on the right paw, I will make some resolutions/predictions:
- More walks and exercise better be in my future (ahem … oh, Mama!!!!!!) The Chica’s waistline will not improve on good intentions and baby carrots alone.
- More “public appearances” for the Chica. My fans here in the neighborhood are under control (scary grrrrrrrs, I’m watching you!) and I’m ready for fame and fortune. Maybe we’ll make it to Bark World this year! WooHoo!!
- More giving back. No, I don’t mean the obvious! I mean getting involved and helping those in need. I’ll be looking for some causes. Suggestions are welcome, amigos.
- More blog posts from la Chica (ahem … oh, Mama!!!!!!) We all understood the “dark period” while Mama was muy busy working on her book and educational products, but the world also needs a steady dose of Chihuahua Wisdom to continue to evolve.
And now for a nice siesta, err, I mean, some deep reflection 😉
Mucho love and keeeeesses to my familia and amigos. And Cin-Cin!!
December 14, 2011 § Leave a comment
Dear Señor Santa,
I have been sooooooo good this year! Surely there will be a nice present under our Christmas tree for moi this year. I understand those are the requirements 😉 So to recap my many good deeds, I can assure you that La Chica:
- has been very supportive of her Mama this year as she has had to adjust to the empty nest. This is a 24-7 position, with arduous hours of extra cuteness required to cheer her spirits.
- has been working diligently at her neighborhood watching post. I’ve got the squirrels, lizards and any canine taller than 8 inches answering to my mighty barks. La Chica is the muy big sherif in this barrio, keeping things in order.
- has not chewed anyone’s shoes. God forbid! As tempting as they smell sometimes, Mama would kill me if I approached any collectibles in her “shoe museum.” I not so crazy!
- has stayed out of garbage cans, pantries and the kitty litter (yuck! who’d go there anyway!!) as Mama directed. And though I may have committed a few tiny infractions by pilfering from the laundry basket, these were minor lapses for which I repented and begged much forgiveness. I’m out of the dog house.
- might have missed the “potty” pad on occasion. But I was really “close!” I just can’t gauge well back there and my aim is a little off. My intentions WERE good!
All in all, I’ve been the model Chihuahua citizen in this barrio. And I should be up there, topmost in the “good” column of your Christmas list. Soooooo 😉 if you are wondering what to bring the Chica for Christmas this year, I have a couple of suggestions that would make my little corazon muy happy:
- I could use a pretty new blanky. Mine’s beginning to show my age 😉
- I would not mind a GIGANTIC box of Cherrios and a big bag of what I’ll admit is my new favorite healthy alternative treat: baby carrots. Nice and cold from the refrigerator!
- But rather than any bling (truth is I shine all on my own) or new toys (I could never part with my ole faithful, Blue Blurrrrr anyway), I’d like to wish for good homes for all my amigos who are running around out there in the cold without a familia of their own, hungry and in danger of getting hurt. We just can’t have that on this night of joy and love.
P.S. Please disregard any obviously fabricated evidence against my impeccable record. El nasty, devious Cato is always trying to get me in trouble. He is muy malo! I think he needs some coal, preferably lumps, dropped on his head!