April 29, 2012 §
Ahhh, to spoil the spoiled. That is what life should be about. There is way too much human time spent on work, chores and errands, if you ask me. A better and much more enjoyable spring “cleaning” day in dog-topia would look something like this:
1. Open eyes, pet the Chihuahua’s belly. Gently please, she has just woken up.
2. Rise (only after the Chihuahua cuddle and love morning session has been satisfied) stretch and go prepare a scrumptious breakfast with a side of Cheerios for the Princess. Yes, you are allowed to make your cafecito at this time as well. This promises to be a long day.
3. Short nap. As my Abuela always said, one must wait 20 minutes after eating before going in the water. You run the risk of having a “pa-ta-tu” and dropping dead on the spot. Cuidado, chicos!
4. You might as well take the Princess for an early walk so she won’t get all dirty after her nice bubble bath. Treat should follow as per usual.
5. Run said nice warm bubble bath. Mama always puts a drop of lavender essential oil in mine to soothe the nerves. Gently lower the less than cooperative Chihuahua into the water. She’ll likely (eventually) acquiesce.
6. Have fluffy plush towel ready (preferably warmed in the drier) for when the shivering drippy Chihuahua gets out of the tub (ah, ok, sink).
7. Thoroughly knead the Chica’s fur to a perfect fluff, removing excess water. He/she will still shake, rattle and roll and get you all wet (a little payback is to be expected), but will dry quicker with a little help.
8. Many soothing compliments and a treat for the Precious are in order.
9. Though this part might require a sedative, a trip to the groomer for nail clipping, quickly followed by many more treats to help the Chihuahua forget the traumatic experience, will complete the spring cleaning effort. I would not recommend teeth cleaning at this juncture. You’d be doing so at your own risk.
10. Much praise and love should be showered (figuratively, please) on the “nice, clean, pretty girl.”
Please understand the lack of cooperation in picture taking sessions. Good luck and may the Fuerza be with you!
April 25, 2012 §
Well it had to happen. I don’t know if this had anything to do with the doomsday 2012 predictions of the Mayan Calendar. Maybe this is what they were referring to as the “end of the world.” But finally (dramatic pause … ), the Chica – your reason to log onto the internet, the light of your life, the spring in your step, your icon of all that is beautiful and desirable – has had her “less than photogenic” day. And of course, the paparazzi (Mama) was there to capture the inglorious moment. So go ahead, have your giggle:
You done yet? Go ahead. Enjoy the moment.
Hey, it keeps me humble. Balances the chi, the spiritual laws of fairness, and the karma. God knows I don’t want to come back any smaller next time in the food chain! From Cleopatra to Chihuahua, precious though I might be, I think I have some stuff to work out with the universe while I’m here.
And who knows. I’ve heard say that we “learn” from every experience in our lives. That everything is as intended and for our ultimate growth and greater good. So I’m going with that. After all, I am still making you smile today. It IS all good.