Mama says the Chihuahua is a little “pushy”? I don’t beg, but I do differ!!
February 21, 2012 § 5 Comments
Moi? Oh, no-no-no, Chica! “Assertive” or maybe “naturally confident” would be a fairer description. If you check my contract (ahem, again), you’ll see my “entitlements” clearly listed – Princess in residence will have her way. But let’s be reasonable. Think of it. This little noggin can only hold sooooo much greatness. I must express my amazing mind. It is never good to staunch the gift of a creative genius or hold one’s feelings inside. (Isn’t that the point of this blog?)
So, Mama, don’t judge. Simply accept the little gift that is ME. To make it easier for you to understand my “terms,” let us review un poco:
- one short loud bark = “Hello?!?!?! Pay attention, please.”
- whine, whine = “Walk time, NOW!”
- whine, bark = “Treat? Or to be more precise: TREAT!!”
- yip, yip, stamping of feet = “Sit down, woman. It is lap time.”
- snort, snort, hrmph = “OK, OK. The Cato can sit on your lap too.”
- whine, whine, grrrrrrrrrrrr… = “Time for bed already, chica. Let’s go!”
- whine, whine, push push = “I’m going under the blanket NOW so move over.”
You see? I DO make myself quite clear, Mama. You listen, life is peachy. I am not pushy, I am a Chihuahua — short, sweet and to the point!