A Chihuahua letter to Santa
December 14, 2011 § Leave a comment
Dear Señor Santa,
I have been sooooooo good this year! Surely there will be a nice present under our Christmas tree for moi this year. I understand those are the requirements 😉 So to recap my many good deeds, I can assure you that La Chica:
- has been very supportive of her Mama this year as she has had to adjust to the empty nest. This is a 24-7 position, with arduous hours of extra cuteness required to cheer her spirits.
- has been working diligently at her neighborhood watching post. I’ve got the squirrels, lizards and any canine taller than 8 inches answering to my mighty barks. La Chica is the muy big sherif in this barrio, keeping things in order.
- has not chewed anyone’s shoes. God forbid! As tempting as they smell sometimes, Mama would kill me if I approached any collectibles in her “shoe museum.” I not so crazy!
- has stayed out of garbage cans, pantries and the kitty litter (yuck! who’d go there anyway!!) as Mama directed. And though I may have committed a few tiny infractions by pilfering from the laundry basket, these were minor lapses for which I repented and begged much forgiveness. I’m out of the dog house.
- might have missed the “potty” pad on occasion. But I was really “close!” I just can’t gauge well back there and my aim is a little off. My intentions WERE good!
All in all, I’ve been the model Chihuahua citizen in this barrio. And I should be up there, topmost in the “good” column of your Christmas list. Soooooo 😉 if you are wondering what to bring the Chica for Christmas this year, I have a couple of suggestions that would make my little corazon muy happy:
- I could use a pretty new blanky. Mine’s beginning to show my age 😉
- I would not mind a GIGANTIC box of Cherrios and a big bag of what I’ll admit is my new favorite healthy alternative treat: baby carrots. Nice and cold from the refrigerator!
- But rather than any bling (truth is I shine all on my own) or new toys (I could never part with my ole faithful, Blue Blurrrrr anyway), I’d like to wish for good homes for all my amigos who are running around out there in the cold without a familia of their own, hungry and in danger of getting hurt. We just can’t have that on this night of joy and love.
P.S. Please disregard any obviously fabricated evidence against my impeccable record. El nasty, devious Cato is always trying to get me in trouble. He is muy malo! I think he needs some coal, preferably lumps, dropped on his head!