July 30, 2011 § 5 Comments
Sigh … I guess there is no way around it. We’ll soon be left behind as both of the kids go off to college. I tried to take one of those GED thingys which I found out on the internet might get you into this “college” place. But I had no idea what an isosceles triangle was. And who the heck is this Señor Shakespeare? What is up with that?! But did they ask me about Cosmo? The latest in Haute couture? Did they ask where Harry Potter found the last horcruxes? Nooooo.
And now that both our kids are off to college this fall, people say my human parents will be entering the “Mah and Pah” phase of their lives. Well, let me tell you, chicos, no one here is ready to drift quietly into the autumn of anything – not with a lively Chica like me in tha house.
I guess we’ll have to accept it – it will be different. I must admit that I’ve already started to notice some changes in our routines around the casa. But I am determined to make the best of it. Hey, at least for me there will be plusses to being the center of attention. I think we’re going to be seeing a lot more of:
- “TV dinners” – of course at our house that would be anything but Swansons. Mama and I are waaaaay too finicky and high maintenance for that. For us it will be the literally more dinners on the couch while watching TV – which of course means crumbs and tender tidbits aplenty for la Chica. It will be a whole new adventure in cuisine procurement 🙂 I should write a book, don’t you think?
- No more car pools, ballet classes or band practices = more time and the need to fill that void with activity. Can you say Chihuahua massage therapy? Painting Chihuahua portraits? Gardening? Oooo, I’m going to love digging up the yummy carrots!!!!
- There has already been a later-in-life fitness reality check. Mama and Dad are on the war path to health. Which works out to include more walks for the Chica, and therefore more yummy treats right after. I like, I like!!
- Date nights, we’ll have to work out the acceptable terms there. I DO NOT believe that three is a crowd. ‘Nough said.
- More interesting friends will likely be visiting. More Ooooos and Ahhhhhs at the cute, adorable Chica.
- I suppose there will also be more recliner time and well-worn slippers = more lap and belly-scratchin’ time.
God knows I’ll miss the kids, but looking at it like this one thing is for sure. Come fall, I’ll be Mama and Daddy’s little princess full-time!
July 16, 2011 § 7 Comments
Thanks, NannyMcFur, for thinking of me! You made me smile (mucho tail wags!!) “Viva la Chica,” if I do say so myself.
Now according to the tradition of this award, I’m supposed to tell you 7 things about myself and my family. What? Only seven? 😉
So here goes:
1. My familia is very convoluted – both on the human and 4-legged side. My Mama’s sister started it all when she got Mami and Papi. A short gestational period later, and I and my 4 siblings came along 🙂 One of my sisters stayed with my parents, and I came to live here in St. Pete with my human family. Then came litter #2, and one of my sisters from that batch, went to live with my Mama’s Mama. Confused? Well, so am I most of the time.
2. Oh, yeah, I have three more adoptive siblings: Señor Cato, aka Tigger -He is veeeeeeery tricky and sneaky! But he eeeeez no match for me, La Super Chica!! And Panchita and Noel, they have glommed on despite the craziness of this familia.
3. And speaking of La Super Chica, that is my alter ego (but shhhhh … don’t tell just anyone. I must keep my identity a secret from the evil masterminds, minions and squirrels.) Look for more adventures in the near future! J.K. Rowling, give me a buzz 😉
4. My favorite snack is Cheerios. Though rice (and black beans, cha, cha, cha) and carrots are close runner-ups. Mom and I have a morning ritual – she flicks me Cheerios and I run all over the place “fetching” them – YUM!! What’s your favorite snack?
5. My favorite toy is the Blue Blurrrrr. I love to dig him up when Mom is sitting on the floor folding laundry. We have fun playing tug-a-war-and-fetch, though it does NOT help with the stacks of laundry.
But enough shameless self-promotion. If you are here, you know I’m a diva and I’m quite proud of it. So now I must give a paws up to some of my favorite pet blogs:
- Starting with the NannyMcFur 😉
- Obsessive Chihuahua Disorder
- Famous Chihuahua
- Life with Dogs
- Dog Tipper
- Tucker Tells All
- Being Henri
- The World according to Lexi
- According to Gus
OK and one more because this is MY blog and I can 😉
- Paka Cat, because you do good work!!
Happy blogging, Amigos!!
Whoops! I should have been clearer. And I will message all my Chicos on the list to clarify: By “Paws Up” I mean I’m passing on and awarding THEM the Versatile Blogger Award! Congratulations, Amigos!!